All things taste better when made with love. Nomnivorous is the documentation of food made with love from my kitchen to yours.
Who are you?
Oh hi there, nice to meet you too. Here’s a few quick facts:
- My name is Emily.
- I’m in my mid twenties.
- I live in Brooklyn.
- I work in midtown Manhattan
- I’m an apparel designer.
- I spent my first twenty or so years living in North Carolina.
- Food obsession is in my genes. My father has cooked for a living for as long as I can remember.
- Food competition is something I can’t stop doing now that I’ve started. Addicted might be the word.
What should I expect to see on this blog?
Well, I’m a baker, cook, I eat out at dives and fancy schmancy places, but I’m not a restaurant reviewer. I love to travel and tend to plan trips around where I’m going to eat. Also, the following things may or may not show up on the blog. A few things I love:
- Salty-sweet desserts
- Brussels sprouts (roasted, please)
- Bacon (to counteract the greens)
- Vanilla beans
- Kettle cooked potato chips
- Bourbon. Yes please.
- Spicy tuna rolls
- Warm bread from the oven with butter.
- Vinho verde
Oh, and how do you pronounce it?
So what does Nomnivorous actually mean?
I’m an omnivore, and pretty hardcore about trying all kinds of food given the chance. I also have soft spot for LOLcats, and nom has become a word I’m attached to Code for “Oh this is good, can’t stop eating it!” I hope everything I bring you here makes you want to nom the screen.